Home Login Sign up


Electronic Book Taxation

Electronic Book Taxation in Spain

Law and Tax Changes

It is commonly known that the VAT applicable to books, newspapers and magazines in physical support is the super-reduced rate of 4%, benefiting from preferential treatment for VAT purposes. Here would be included the book in physical support (the book… Read more
VAT on housing leases

VAT on housing leases through an online platform

Tax Agency (Hacienda)

When we talk about online platform and the leasing of homes for tourism purposes, we all have Airbnb at our head, which has become the colossus of intermediation between owners of rental homes and tenants. The great success of this… Read more
Pay in cash autonomo

Sometimes I Pay Expenses in Cash. Can I Have Problems?


Recently, the Superior Court of Justice of Valencia (TSJ) has issued a ruling in which, contrary to the criterion of the Tax Inspectorate and the Regional Economic-Administrative Tribunal (TEAR), it has considered as deductible certain expenses accounted for and declared… Read more
Correct statement

Can I Correct the Statement if I Did it Wrong?

Tax Agency (Hacienda)

  Surely if you are self-employed you have ever made a mistake in a statement. The errors can be of different types: lack of information, incorrect data, with or without prejudice to the Administration. There are different ways of correcting… Read more
Deductible expenses self-employed

Most Common Deductible Expenses for Self-employed in Spain

Deductible expenses

The best way to save on taxes is not to miss out on the most common deductible expenses in the development of your activity. Of course, there are many specialities in the deductibility of expenses and activities.  Still, some expenses… Read more

All About “Pluriactividad” for Self-employed in Spain

Social Security

[Figures updated to 16/02/2021] You have probably heard about “pluriactividad”, but you don’t know exactly what it is and if in your case you can take it in to register as a self-employed. In today’s post, we solve all your… Read more
Investment assets

Investment Assets for Self-employed in Spain


You may have heard of investment goods/ assets at some time, but do you really know what they are and how they affect your business? In today’s post, we are going to analyze them according to the two taxes that… Read more
Electronic notifications

Am I Required to Receive Notifications Electronically?

Tax Agency (Hacienda)

  It has not been long since electronic notifications were established as the preferred means (it was October 2, 2016) and since then more and more taxpayers have opted for this notification system. The requirements that must be met by… Read more
Accounting books

Accounting Books For Self-employed In Spain


If you register as an independent worker, you should know you have other formal obligations in addition to paying taxes. You’ve probably heard that you must keep accounting books with the transactions you perform every day to develop your economic… Read more