2021 Tax Calendar And Tax Forms in Spain
Again, we remind you of the critical dates for filing taxes. In today’s article, we will see the tax calendar of 2021 and the tax forms that the self-employed need to submit.
1. Tax forms
Tax forms are the forms through which tax advisors submit the different taxes. The most relevant forms for freelancers are:
VAT form that you should submit quarterly if you develop any activity subject to VAT.
It can be positive (to be paid) or with a negative amount (to be deducted). If it were to be deducted, it means that the amount is being deducted quarter to quarter and if in the last quarter of the year it is negative, then you can request the refund or continue deducting it with the VAT of the following year.
Income tax form that you should submit quarterly if you have registered in any business activity.
It can be positive (payable) or with a negative amount (to be deducted in the following quarters of the same year). If it were to be deducted, you could deduct the amount in the following quarters of the same year, but you cannot request a refund.
Form including withholdings from other workers and professionals. You have to submit it if you have employees or have paid invoices from professionals subject to withholding.
Form including withholdings of the premises.
If a self-employed person rents a place and the withholding is included in the invoice (there are exceptions to this case), he must register on form 115 and submit quarterly the form 115 that will always be positive (or in any case 0), but never a negative amount.
Intra-community operations form. This form should reflect all intra-community operations carried out during the quarter.
The self-employed registered in ROI or VIES (Registry of Intra-Community Operators) must submit it quarterly in case of operations. It is an informative declaration for which you don’t have to pay taxes.
Annual VAT summary form. You have to present it in January of the following year. It is an informative statement.
It is an annual summary form of all the withholdings on premises for the financial year.
In this form, you must indicate all rental recipients of the year and the property with its address and cadastral reference to submit the form.
It is an informative statement.
It is an annual summary form of withholdings for professionals and workers.
You must indicate the workers and professionals with their names, surnames, ID, perceptions and withholdings. It is an informative statement.
It is an annual statement of operations with third parties. If you have had operations with the same supplier or customer worth more than € 3005.06 you will have to submit this form.
It is nothing more than an informative declaration about goods and rights located abroad.
Annual income statement.
2. Tax calendar
4th quarter 2020 tax closing
– January 15 – submission of forms 111 and 115 to be paid with direct debit.
– January 20 – voluntary deadline to submit forms 111 and 115 to be paid without a direct debit or negative.
– January 25 – submission of forms 130 and 303 to be paid with direct debit.
– February 1 – voluntary deadline to submit forms 130 and 303 with a result to be paid without a direct debit or negative, and submission of forms 349 and 390. Deadline for submission of forms 180 and 190.
– March 1 – deadline to submit form 347 of the 2020 exercise.
– March 31 – deadline to submit form 720 of the 2020 exercise.
First-quarter 2021 tax closing
– April 7 to June 30 submission of the 2020 Income and Heritage 2020 returns.
– April 15 – submission of forms 111, 115, 130 and 303 to be paid with direct debit.
– April 20 – voluntary deadline to submit forms 111, 115, 130 and 303 with the result to be paid without direct debit or negatives and form 349.
2020 Annual income statement
– June 25 – submission of the annual income statement 2020 with results payable with direct debit.
– June 30 – Annual statement 2020 with a result to be returned, refusal to return, negative and to be paid without direct debit.
Second-quarter 2021 tax closing
– July 15 – submission of forms 111, 115, 130 and 303 to be paid with direct debit.
– July 20 – voluntary deadline to submit forms 111, 115, 130 and 303 with the result to be paid without direct debit or negatives and form 349.
Third-quarter 2021 tax closing
– October 15 – submission of forms 111, 115, 130 and 303 to be paid with direct debit.
– October 20 – voluntary deadline to submit forms 111, 115, 130 and 303 with the result to be paid without direct debit or negatives and form 349.
Remember that in Selfemployed Spain’s platform, the quarter closes on the 8th of each quarter closing. From the 8th to the 15th, we review all your accounting and prepare your quarter forms.
Besides, to avoid surprises, we recommend that whenever you enter your invoices, go to the forecast in real-time to know what you have to pay or deduct and thus have enough funds in your bank account.